Search This Blog

FMS eNews 06/04/13


Hello everyone
eNews is different this week.  I prepared it before going on holiday so I would have a minimal amount of work to do when I returned home.  It is significant in that it contains a number of useful links as well as a link to Simone/Fibromodem/Purple Law Lady who nominated FMS eNews for the blogger award which features this week.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

WORDz FOR THE WEEK

113.  In hopes of reaching the moon we often fail to see the flowers that are blooming right at our feet.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

The VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER Award

A couple of weeks ago I told readers of FMS eNews that I had been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.   I felt honoured to be nominated.  However, there are rules to be followed before being able to accept it, which are:
  1. Display the award logo on your blog.
  2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
  3. State 7 things about yourself.
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
  5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.  

    v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

  1. This is the VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER Award logo:-
            2. This is the link to Simone/Fibromodem who nominated me
           Do view Simone’s list of nominees and pursue her links.
  1. Here goes with seven things about myself:
1)      I was  born in 1935 – I was 4 when WW2 began!
2)      I was diagnosed with FM in 2003
3)      I have been married for nearly 55 years and have 3 ‘children’ aged almost 52, 50 and 42.
4)      Besides writing FMS eNews each week I am leader of a Fibromyalgia Support Group in Horsham, West Sussex, UK which meets twice monthly.
5)      I enjoy creative pursuits which make good distractions from FM and are therefore therapeutic.
6)      Through both work and holidays I have visited or lived in over 30 countries. 
7)      I am a Dame Grand Officer of the Order of Knights Templar (no longer active in the Order because of age!)

4.      Here are the 15 fibromyalgia sites/blogs that I am nominating.   They have all been mentioned in FMS eNews in previous issues.   But this is a good way of reviewing them.  They all have embedded hyperlinks.  They are in no particular order.
  
                  1)      Managing Fibromyalgia – Pati Chandler   
 2)      FibroMadness – Stacy Hall  
 3)      Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue – Adrienne Delwoo
 4)       Fibromyalgia Syndrome  -  Celeste Cooper 
 5)      Dr Gloria, Your Health Detective – Dr Gloria Gilbere 
 6)      Goalistics - Dr. Linda Ruehlman  and Dr. Paul Karoly 
 7)      Fighter Zine - Jennifer L. Corter  
 8)      Dawn’s Fibro Blog – Dawn Santos 

  9)      Chronic Mom  Shelley 
 10)   Faith and FibromyalgiaDharshi   
 12)   Fibro LIFE BLOG – Meshea Crysup 
 13)   Chronicles of Fibromyalgia    Leah Tyler   
 14)   Fibro Haven – Dannette Rusnak   
 15)   Felicia FibroFelicia

5.      I have notified all the writers/bloggers of their nomination and what is required of them.

Having fulfilled all the requirements I guess I am qualified to accept the award.  It will be displayed along with the FCK one at the end of eNews for the next few weeks.  Can’t promise for ever!!

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

I will be back to normal next week (I hope!) with new links and further information for you.  Until then, keep good and stay warm!  It was very cold in Devon this week but the hotel was cosy and warm.
Stella

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
N.B.   I would like to point out to you that the information in my eNews  blog is passed on to you mainly from other sources.   Links are given to the original articles.   I take no responsibility for their accuracy but freely give them publicity if I think they might be of interest to my readership.  Sites I refer you to are  for information only.  They might conflict in their opinions, they might not even be medically sound, but I merely offer them for you to peruse and make your own judgements, accept or reject as you will.  Only by reading widely can we get an overall picture of fibromyalgia syndrome and how we can deal with its symptoms, learn to cope with them and still have a life.  Any advice or recommendation of a medical or legal nature should always be discussed with a qualified professional.  
I also include various awareness items, benefits issues, as well as general health considerations.    Anyone wishing to reproduce any of the included items in printed form should seek permission from the originators.
Wordz for the Week are from ‘Wordz for the Day’ by Donnie Kuhn, Sr. who died in May 2011.
This eNews is my personal offering to fibromyalgia sufferers and their carers and is not related to any other organisation or charity.
If you don’t already get reminders when each new eNews is posted, please send an email to fmsstella@gmail.com as you will be added to the emailing list.
I previously sent out emails as FMSSAS eNews.  Past issues of FMSSAS eNews can be found at www.fms-sas.co.uk/fmseNews.html and on a blog at http://fmssas-enews.blogspot.com  These ceased at the end of November 2012 when I resigned as a trustee. This blog commenced on 8th December 2012.

Contact me:- fmsstella@gmail.com
 FCK Membership List                               Fibromodem