Search This Blog

FMS eNews 17/01/15

It's apology time again.  The laptop is still sick and not performing properly, so it's gone in for another checkup. 


Also, I had a hospital appointment yesterday which I wasn't notified about until Thursday!  This cut my working hours considerably.  Here goes with what we have . . . .

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

WORDz for the WEEK

205.  Even if you know where 'the treasure' is, you still have to dig it up; you don't really think that it will 'un-dig' itself, do you?!


:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


From  Adrienne Dellwo, your Guide to Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

You see it all the time - statements about fibromyalgia pain including "mysterious" or "poorly understood." When I first started researching this illness, those things confused me. After all, I was finding a ton of information! Take a look at what we do know about fibromyalgia pain and why it's not so mysterious after all. That's below.
Also this week, a heat-therapy device for our pain, and the unconventional way the manufacturer is trying to fund research.
After that, up top and down in Featured Articles, we'll explore many aspects of pain and pain treatment. On the right, you'll find a review of goal setting, in case you're wobbling on those resolutions.
Take care of yourself!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


Living Well with Fibromyalgia – Invisible Tears

For those of you who haven’t seen it, the last issue of Living Well with Fibromyalgia is now available to the general public. For next time, however, you can have it delivered to your inbox by subscribing for free. But, that’s not the reason for this post…
The next issue of Living Well with Fibromyalgia will be out March 1st with the theme: Invisible Tears. I chose this theme because it resonates so deeply with me, as I know it will with so many of you. Would YOU like to be a part of it?
I’m looking for people to contribute (people like you) to the March issue. You can contribute poetry, photos, articles and/or stories. Articles and short stories must be under 800 words. All contributions must fit within the Invisible Tears theme.
I also ask that you send me a short biography about you and a photo (as well as any pictures you’d like to accompany the story). If you have a blog/website and/or Facebook page, I am able to link the piece back to you.
So, if you would like to see your name and work in virtual print, please send your contributions to
contributions@fibromodem.com by February 1st 2015.
I can’t wait to start reading what you have to write!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


Jarred Younger on his New Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Lab 

 Jarred Younger dazzled attendees with his leptin and chronic fatigue syndrome presentation at the Stanford Symposium earlier this year.  His pilot study that measured dozens of inflammatory markers every day in chronic fatigue syndrome patients produced one of the most visually startling graphics I’ve ever seen – an “all roads lead to Rome” type of plot that showed an array of immune factors converging on one… the putative trigger of them all: leptin.
 (See the video here.)

Deborah Waroff Talks to Jarred Younger


:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


ME/CFS Community

Check out InTheNews for daily updates on the latest medical news releases and other news items which may be of particular interest.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


Practical Information, Guidance & Local Resources for those affected by ME/CFS

Our mission is to provide those afflicted with Severe Fatigue, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Fibromyalgia (FM) and related illnesses with a variety of resources from around the world with which to deal with these complex, and all too often, misdiagnosed conditions.
Our goal is to provide assistance on each individual's path towards wellness with particular focus in three areas:
Find out what they are:

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Ten Foods that wreck your Immune System

Get Your 7 Page Free Report on the 10 Foods That Wreck Your Immune System... and Discover a Secret Nutrient (That Cures cancer) we've been Throwing Into Trash!

Just let us know where to send it!

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:






:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


'Wow'

Last year was amazing and this year has already started with a bang!
11 years ago I needed a little something for me, you know something I could do in my spare time.This little something has been the most amazing journey, I've met some lovely people along the way and made some fantastic friends. I've had the pleasure of helping people feel better and grow in confidence!
Hand on heart I can honestly say that I love it and wouldn't change a single moment!
Want to know more about me? then read my story.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


A personal  note from Vicky

The picture is of me at a recent ongoing training day.  I have been a Body Pump instructor for 11 years and although I don’t teach it regularly now, I do participate.  In the picture are two instructors I respect.  Sally Brown on the left who first brought me to the front of the class to demonstrate a move when she was injured (and I rather liked it) and on the right Lu Mays who taught the very first class I attended.
Also:
Education: Gluteal Amnesia
Video of the week: Oyster
Success Story: Helen Warwick

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:








:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Did you know you can add your comments about this page in the Comments box at the end of this blog?  Please feel free to use it and to comment on comments!
Take care
Stella

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:


:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

N.B. I would like to point out to you that the information in my FMS eNews blog is passed on to you mainly from other sources. Links are given to the original articles. I take no responsibility for their accuracy but freely give them publicity if I think they might be of interest to my readership. Sites I refer you to are for information only. They might conflict in their opinions, they might not even be medically sound, but I merely offer them for you to peruse and make your own judgements, accept or reject as you will. Only by reading widely can we get an overall picture of fibromyalgia syndrome  and how we can deal with its symptoms, learn to cope with them and still have a life. Any advice or recommendation of a medical or legal nature should always be discussed with a qualified professional.
I also include various awareness items, benefits issues, as well as general health considerations. Anyone wishing to reproduce any of the included items in printed form should seek permission from the originators.
Wordz for the Week are from ‘Wordz for the Day’ by Donnie Kuhn, Sr. who died in May 2011.
This eNews is my personal offering to fibromyalgia sufferers and their carers and is not related to any other organisation or charity.
If you don’t already get reminders when each new FMS eNews is posted, please send an email to fmsstella@gmail.com and you will be added to the emailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment