Search This Blog

FMS eNews 20/06/13

Dear Readers
I'm afraid this is a bit shorter this week; not only because I had two days less to prepare it, but also because I have had some problems with receiving emails. fmsstella@gmail.com is still working though.

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

WORDz FOR THE WEEK

124. Take a look . . . . . the day is passing by. Have you made a difference?
 
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v


Jun 17, 2013 eNewsletter - Articles

In addition to making you cranky, less creative, less productive and generally not too enjoyable to be around, lack of sleep is a prime contributor to serious diseases. Here are 10 reasons -- some common, some surprising -- you may not be getting the sleep you really need. 
We've all been told to stretch before and after a workout, but is this advice really beneficial? When IS it most beneficial? 
Aside from its incredible and unique taste, discover four top reasons to consume fennel (not including its popular use in Medieval times of warding off witches and evil.) Then learn how to use fennel, and try these two recipes for Roasted Fennel and refreshing Shaved Fennel Salad.  
How you may be able to resolve your feelings of dizziness and vertigo in as little as 15 minutes...  

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v



From Adrienne Dellwo, your Guide to Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Adrienne Dellwo
Could we be making an important step forward in chronic fatigue syndrome research? Possibly, as subgroups are identified that could help identify underlying mechanisms and better treatments. More on that, below.
Also this week, another study on exercise for fibromyalgia, and what I think about it - hint: I'm not jumping up and down; and a study on what weather does to us, and why some of the headlines about it are misleading.
Don't miss more info down in Featured Articles and some good basic articles to review on the right.
Take care of yourself!


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v


Stupid, Bloody Pain!

From sleeping, to concentrating on a task, to simply enjoying ourselves, pain has the ability to affect us in so (too) many ways.
Our cognitive and pain problems appear to be associated with a sluggish autonomic nervous system (ANS). Despite being ‘on’ most of the time, our ANS seems to take an Ambien when faced with stress. Reduced ANS functioning during activity and increased ANS activity when resting are both associated with increased pain.  Read more. . . .


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Get up and Get On

Yes I was telling myself “get up and get on” MOST of today! I realize how important it was over the weekend to rest. Yes, I might not have gotten as much homework done. And yes probably could have done more but you know I needed the sleep. BUT today…my body groaned when my alarm went off. In my mind I wanted to get up and do things…but every bone in my body was screaming against it! The good thing was…I did get up and I was able to make it to work!!! HORRAY Read more . . . .


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v



Not So Gentle Reminders by Terri Naroian

Wow!  What a whirl-wind, this morning.  It really started last night, but I think I was in such a fibro fog, it didn't phase me much.  At 9pm last night, I was asked if I could drive everyone to school, in the morning.  When I inquired as to why the bus wouldn't do, I was told that they all signed up to bring something in for a brunch they'd be making on their last day of school.  Well, that didn't exactly answer the bus question, but as I persisted in my questioning, I found out that one teen was borrowing our waffle maker, the other, a dozen eggs (good thing I had extra) and my third child agreed to bring in our extra large pancake skittle.  "Ok", I said about the ride to school, and I went off to bed.
Read rest of Terri's blog


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Ginseng Health Benefits And Side Effects by Marisa Ramiccio

Feeling sluggish or tired lately? Need an energy boost? Then ginseng may be the answer to your problem. This herb is commonly used as an energy booster or to improve memory or concentration. Ginseng is a very popular herb and can also be used to treat a variety of health problems.


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v


It is shocking to see how quickly parts of the NHS are starting to decline, only 2 years after the OECD rated it as one of the best health systems in the world. Patients are suffering and services are being damaged. It is vital to gather the evidence and publicise it. With your support we have taken an important step. Read on . . . .


v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v


June 15th, 2013 Newsletter

June 16th, 2013 Newsletter

June 17th, 2013 Newsletter

June 18th, 2013 Newsletter

June 19th, 2013 Newsletter
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

The weather doesn't look too promising for my weekend break. At least it will be a change of scenery and I am not taking my computer with me. I shall have a lot of catching up to do when I get back, so bear with me!
Till next week
Adios
Stella

v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Contact me:- fmsstella@gmail.com




v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

N.B. I would like to point out to you that the information in my eNews blog is passed on to you mainly from other sources. Links are given to the original articles. I take no responsibility for their accuracy but freely give them publicity if I think they might be of interest to my readership. Sites I refer you to are for information only.  They might conflict in their opinions, they might not even be medically sound, but I merely offer them for you to peruse and make your own judgements, accept or reject as you will.  Only by reading widely can we get an overall picture of fibromyalgia syndrome and how we can deal with its symptoms, learn to cope with them and still have a life. Any advice or recommendation of a medical or legal nature should always be discussed with a qualified professional.
I also include various awareness items, benefits issues, as well as general health considerations. Anyone wishing to reproduce any of the included items in printed form should seek permission from the originators.
Wordz for the Week are from ‘Wordz for the Day’ by Donnie Kuhn, Sr. who died in May 2011.
This eNews is my personal offering to fibromyalgia sufferers and their carers and is not related to any other organisation or charity.
If you don’t already get reminders when each new eNews is posted, please send an email to fmsstella@gmail.com as you will be added to the emailing list.
I previously sent out emails as FMSSAS eNews. Past issues of FMSSAS eNews can be found at www.fms-sas.co.uk/fmseNews.html and on a blog at http://fmssas-enews.blogspot.com These ceased at the end of November 2012 when I resigned as a trustee. This blog commenced on 8th December 2012.